Featured Slider

Monday, September 15, 2014

"Glowing" Spooky!

Good Morning Again!

Time for 
This week is a Technique:

Embossing Technique
(Emboss Folder, Dry Emboss, Faux Emboss, Etc).

Stop over at Ella's blog and check out the rest of the Design Team's projects --- talented ladies who always inspire!

Here is my card:

I got some new supplies the past couple weeks and have been trying to use them right away (which I rarely do).  I made my background using a spiderweb stencil, modeling paste, and glow in the dark emboss powder.  Yes ---- "glow in the dark" embossing powder.  I saw it at SimonSaysStamp.  It turned out really cool!  I wasn't sure emboss powder would stick to the modeling paste but it did. When I heat set it, it bubbled up but I think it gave the spiderweb a more textured and eerie effect.  

When I got the powder I thought it would be really good for ghosts.  Well, lo and behold, this gal has absolutely NO ghost stamps!  I bought a ghost die and have ordered another one but then discovered --- not one ghost stamp in my craft room. Not that it's that big of a deal.  However, I wanted the ghosts on this card to "glow" too.  That made for a little more mess because I had to cut them out and then press them on Versamark and then verrry carefully heat set them.  I've already had nasty finger burns from my glue gun.  Don't need them from the heat gun too!  Anyway, they didn't turn out too badly.  They got covered well.  I also used a new stamp set from Lil Inkers of scary faces (it's the set that goes with the ghost dies I ordered after getting the stamp).  The smallest face fit nicely on this ghost die.  I originally had the "spooky" sentiment cut in orange cardstock, but decided to "glow" it up too.  The cauldron is a sticker, I think Jolee's.  I embossed some orange patterned paper for the bottom border as well then tied some black tulle with a teal button.

Here is a photo I took in my dark bathroom to show the card "glowing" in the dark.  Took me about 50 shots using a remote and tripod.  I'm so thrilled that it worked!  

SPIES:
PAPER: Black and white cardstock; DP-An Eerie Tale (Graphic 45).
INK: Light modeling paste; Glow-in-the-Dark emboss powder.
EXTRAS:Ghost die (Die-Versions); Spooky sentiment die (Lil' Inker Designs); Spider web stencil (ClearScraps); Polka dot emboss folder (Cuttlebug); Cauldron sticker (Jolee's); black tulle; teal button.

For Following Challenges:

Hope you play along this week with Ella's Embossing Technique Challenge.  
We love having you play!  

And don't forget to give 
the Design Team some blog luv as well!

"GLOWING" Pink Elephant Blessings!





x_3d9eb796 photo x_3d9eb796_zps4703cb38.gif

4 comments:

Pink Unicorn said...

This is such a cool card, and the glow in the dark effect is just amazing!

Mynn xx said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! The glow in the dark is amazing and I adore all the different textures! Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

Lori Turner said...

OMGOSH Nance...this is so cool! I love everything about it and so happy you didn't burn yourself more with the heat gun ;) AWESOME, friend! xoxxo

~ Kendra ~ said...

How cool is this! LOVE it!! Love that it glows in the dark, how fun!! Thank you for joining us at Great Impressions!